Friday, July 31, 2009

Celebrations

I stopped everything on Wednesday and celebrated my birthday! I spent the day doing one of my most favorite things in the world...sitting at the beach staring into the deep blue (sometimes brown) ocean. New Years and birthdays seem to be the unofficial expected time of reflection. It's the time of new paths, about-faces, make-overs and the ever fateful resolutions. I did none of those. I simply celebrated. We move so fast in the world and we are so goal oriented that sometimes we forget to just celebrate! Or when we do celebrate we turn it into a task. For instance, if your in the political arena birthdays are really fundraisers; if you in the business arena birthdays are really status setters. Suddenly your birthday is about inviting the 'right' people to the 'right' place with hopes of getting the 'right' opportunity out of it. I am usually guilty of that, but this year, I just stopped and celebrated. To say I am thankful to see another birthday is an understatement. I can never forget in 2006 during a routine gyno check up the doctor was fairly certain she discovered cancer cells in my ovaries. But thank be to God, numerous tests later proved the doctor wrong. Things could have been so different! There is so much that I am thankful for; so I took a pause and celebrated life! I moved into a new era; I'm older, but wiser; aged but beautiful; slower in acting but thoughtful in doing. I am still me, just more refined, certainly refreshed and always renewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment