Monday, August 3, 2009

Another Month

It's a new month! New months usually just mean another chance to get pregnant. This month is different though. Of course I still want to have children, but the thought no longer consumes my entire focus. There are some different moves I am trying to make with my career, and some community service projects I'm working on. Developing the other parts of my life requires my mind, so I can't let one singular issue be all consuming. This is both good and bad for my plan of balancing my hormones. It's good on the one hand because I a not sitting around all day thinking about having children. But on the other hand becoming increasing busy raises my stress level and makes it easier for me to forget to take my vitamins and neglect my runs. I am trying to eliminate these pitfalls by making myself even more disciplined. First, I need to get myself back into the routine of running first thing in the morning. Running first thing in the morning clears my head and relaxes me, thereby lowing my stress levels. Running first thing in the morning also gets it out of the way early and lets me continue with the rest of my day knowing that I've done what I needed for my health. My vitamins are a bit trickier. I take a total of 11 vitamins pills a day; 6 in the morning and 5 in the evening. Since I am out all day if I forget to take the ones for the morning before I leave the house there is nothing I can really do about it. I thought about leaving some in the car, so I have them handy in case I forget, but I worry about the heat. The warning labels require to keep them stored at room temperature. This is why the strict routine is important. I really mustn't forget to take my vitamins, period! Even as I begin to change my focus on to some other things I still need to maintain my health.
I have to learn this new balancing act; keeping all the balls in the air as I pursue new and old goals. I can't wait to see what this new month has in store for me-yep, I'm very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment