Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What I'm counting this month

Normally, immediately after my 'friend' leaves I begin counting.  Counting fertility days, taking my temperature, gauging optimal intimacy time and generally stressing myself out.  Not this time.  Nope.  This time I am counting something else.  This time I am counting my blessings.  Each blog from now until the start of my next cycle is dedicated to the many blessings God has bestowed upon me.  So today, the blessing I am counting is the great feeling of running with my husband.  There is nothing like it! It's rather new to him, but he is loving it as much as me.   I've always loved running, but there is no comparing running with the hubby.  It's such a sweet moment, our silence is filled with love.  Our steps pounding the pavement together pushing each other to the max.  Our breathing strained but not strangled.  We run together closer to one another, strengthening our physical muscles and the unseen bonds that hold us together.
My husband: life partner, lover, best friend, spiritual cover and my favorite running partner.  This day I count my blessing; the simple yet powerful moments of running with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment