Saturday, May 22, 2010

Battle the mind

I've read that PCOS causes depression.  I'm sure one of my many doctors may have mentioned this to me to as well.  This month I have found it to be absolutely true.  I am usually an upbeat person,  although i can get down I don't ever stay down and its always been easy to bounce back up.  However May was a battle.  I struggle and struggle to keep from drowning in depression. It was as if a deep darkness was trying to envelope me.  It started with every thought of my mind being negative.  My mind was turning against me and it refused to generate anything good.  Somewhere in the Bible it says that you have to take every thought in captivity.  That means you have to take hold and control your thoughts.  I realized when you allow your thoughts to run wild you're in danger of depression.  Of course thoughts can be both good and bad but either way you have to take control them.  You can't let your mind run you. You run your mind. When those thoughts come to take you down, you take them down.  Fight back with positive confession, exercise, and a strong spirit man.  Let the goodness of God in you be stronger then the negativity around you.  Trust me when I say that there are going to be some very low days-but don't let those low days, turn into low weeks, low months or low years.  If you need to talk to someone don't hesitate to reach out and be heard.  One of the things you should always remember when the circumstance of life wants to take you down is that no matter the situation, as long as you have breath in your body, things will get better...yes, things WILL get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment