Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Reminding myself that I am SUNG

Recently I published my poetry book entitled, Sung Sister, www.sungsister.com.  Although the book was in the making over a number of years publishing it this year was perfect timing.  Sung Sister is a woman who has been through some very difficult seasons and yet she is able to turn those seasons into a song.  When she finally gets a chance to release that song out of her, she transforms into a new woman, who is more confident, who is free, who is strong and who is able to face any storm.  Today I have to remind myself that I am Sung; that I am that woman! April and May have been stormy, the news on my journey has been tough and stressful.  But I am a Sung Sister- there is strength deep within me and I can press on.  I won't quit, I won't give up, I won't stop dreaming, praying and hoping for my children.  I won't give in to the negative reports, and negative results.  I know the best is still yet to come.  I will sing failure into sung life...I will sing my sound even if no one sings along, I will sing my song until I am sung...
Sung Sister, pg 38

No comments:

Post a Comment