Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Running




This winter the DC area has been hit with constant snow.  Everywhere is icy and days are dark and cold.  So how does a lover of out door running make it? Well, unfortunately I have little choice but to take refuge in a gym.  At the beginning of the winter I thought the worse of the weather would blow away quickly.  But with each snow storm, my hopes of getting back outside turned grim.  So I hit the gym down the road from me, ipod and towel in hand.  If you recall, I hate the gym, the air is stagnant, the machines bore me and the sweating people overwhelm me.  But this winter having little choice I had to take a second look at the gym and make it work!  Here are a few tips I picked up that helped me enjoy the gym experience during DC's snowmaggdon:
  • pick a gym you actually like
  • try various machines until you find the one that fits your work out needs
  • play you favorite music
  • pay no attention to the body building-no fat-already too skinny-just stepped out of a magazine-woman who is running next to you!
  • Remember that not exercising is not an option 

No comments:

Post a Comment